Stuffed Mushrooms

Stuffed Mushrooms

Here goes another great and easy Holiday appetizer recipe. The stuffing is pretty much the same as for the Stuffed Artichokes recipe I posted last week, except the stems of the mushrooms are chopped up, sautéed with onion, and added to the stuffing.

Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe

Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:

Serves 4-6

24 (two 8 ounce packages) large white stuffing mushrooms
1 small yellow onion, diced
4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Clean the mushrooms, then remove and finely chop the stems. Place 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until onion is soft and translucent. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook until tender, another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.

2. Combine bread crumbs, Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese, parsley, minced garic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium bowl. Add the cooked mushroom stems and onion and mix together well.

3. Stuff the mushrooms with the filling and place in an oiled baking pan. Drizzle the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil.

4. Place pan in oven and bake until the mushrooms are tender about 25-30 minutes and serve.

facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestby feather

9 Comments

1. These stuffed mushrooms are little buttons of deliciousness. Good stuff. You’ve presented it so professionally!

2. This is a great finger food recipe to have and share with my upcoming Christmas parties. Really looks delicious!

3. This is the recipe I have used for years, handed down from my grandmothers and mother. One difference is I add some crumbled cooked Italian sausage and a dash of red wine to the stuffing mixtures. It comes out fantastic.

4. In the past I have used a sweet Italian sausage stuffing. Take it out of the package, roll it into balls, stuff it and bake. Quick and simple.

5. Your recipe was posted.

6. This is my kind of cooking: simple but delicious! Sounds like the perfect nosh with champagne for New Years Eve. :)

7. This is the second recipe I have tried from the Italian Chef blog/website. I love love love it!!! This is my go to website for any recipe! My Italian husband loves the stuffed mushrooms and stuffed artichoke! Thank you!

• Tiffany, glad you are enjoying the recipes. Thanks for the feedback

8. I made these last week and they were delicious! Just like the ones being served at a local Italian restaurant here in our area, which is quite popular for their stuffed mushrooms. My husband was quite impressed that I was able to replicate them :) your site’s been my main go-to reference for authentic Italian dishes. Your bolognese and spaghetti & meatball recipes are favorites of my boys. Thank you for the wonderful recipes. Keep up the good work!

Submit a Comment