This is not the healthiest dish in the world, but like I always say, everything in moderation. Treating yourself to this classic pasta dish once in a while won’t kill you. The short cooking time for the pasta is because we are using fresh homemade fetuccine, if you are using dried pasta cook until al dente.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 20 min
4 tablespoons of butter
1.5 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 pound of homemade fettuccine
2 egg yolks
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large sauté pan add butter and cream, turn the heat on to medium and cook until cream and butter are melted together, around 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the fettuccine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Strain pasta and add to pan with butter and cream. Turn the heat on medium.
- Add the egg yolks, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and black pepper.
- Stir vigorously, mixing the egg yolks and cheese in and coating all of the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve immediately from the pan, sprinkling additional Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top.