Penne with string beans in an oil and garlic sauce. I love string beans sautéed in oil and garlic, and they are especially good with pasta. This is a great dish for the spring and summer months.
1-1/2 pounds string beans.
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound of penne pasta
- Clean string beans by breaking off ends.
- Bring one pot of water to a boil and place string beans and 1 tablespoon of salt in water and cook until tender. Bring a second pot of water to a boil add 2 tablespoons of salt and the penne, cook until just al dente.
- While string beans and pasta are cooking, peal garlic cloves and crack them by pressing down on them with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Drain the string beans, reserving 1/4 cup of the water they were cooked in.
- Add string beans, pasta, salt & pepper and the water to oil and garlic in pan.
- Stir together for about 1 minute and serve.