Cutlets, they are a staple of every Italian’s diet. Veal cutlets and chicken cutlets are quick to prepare and can be enjoyed in many different ways. This variation of the veal cutlet is served with a refreshing salad on top and is quite delicious. Of course if veal is not your bag then you can substitute thinly pounded out chicken breasts.
2 large Roma tomatoes
1/2 medium red onion
1 bunch of arugula
1 head of radicchio
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound boneless veal loin, cut into 4 thick slices
1/2 cup flour
2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup Pecorino-Romano cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup olive oil
- Chop tomatoes and red onion, combine in large bowl with arugula and radicchio.
- Add oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the veal slices between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, pound the slices until they are approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Beat eggs lightly. Mix together bread crumbs, pecorino cheese and parsley.
- Dredge veal slices in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs making sure both sides are breaded.
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook cutlets in olive oil until browned on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer cutlets to plates, spoon one quarter of the salad over top of each cutlet and serve.