Ahh, the aroma of this dish takes me back to my days waiting tables at my Dad’s restaurant. Whenever I served Chicken Scarpariello to a table the lemon-garlic scent of this dish as I carried it across the dining room never failed to make me hungry.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 three pound chicken cut into 16 pieces
flour, spread on a plate for dredging
3 tablespoons of butter
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup of chicken stock
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, dredge the chicken in flour, shake off excess flour and place in pan.
- Brown the chicken quickly on all sides and then place pan in oven. Cook until chicken is done about 30 minutes.
- Drain oil and place on burner over medium-high heat.
- Add butter and garlic. Saute chicken and garlic in the butter for 1 minute.
- Add lemon, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Cook until until the liquid is reduced by half, and has the consistency of sauce.
- Transfer the chicken to warm serving plates, pour sauce on top and serve.