In Italian the word scottadito means burned fingers. This dish is named scottadito because the lamb chops are so delicious that you can’t resist eating them sizzling hot, straight from the grill and burning your fingers.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 rib lamb chops
- In a small bowl stir together the garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the lamb chops in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, turn the cops to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Start a fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill. Place the chops on the rack over high heat and grill turning once, 5 minutes per side for medium rare. The outside will be well seared with the insides still pink.
- Transfer to a warm platter and serve immediately.
Recommended for This Recipe:
Note: This post contains affiliate links.