|From The Silver Spoon (Phaidon Press Ltd, 2005)
About 6 1/2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- Bring the stock to a boil. Meanwhile, melt half the butter in another pan, add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the radicchio, then stir in the rice and cook, stirring, until the grains are coated in butter.
- Pour in the wine and cook until it has evaporated. Add a ladleful of the hot stock and cook, stirring, until it has absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, and stirring until each addition has been absorbed. This will take 18-20 minutes.
- When the rice is tender, season with salt to taste, stir in the remaining butter and the Parmesan and serve.