This is one of the first recipes my father gave me for The Italian Chef way back in 1999. Back then I wrote:
Yet, mysteriously enough, since then I have moved away from preparing swordfish this way in favor of cooking it on the grill with salmoriglio. This past weekend I decided to revisit making it this way, and I was definitely left scratching my head wondering why I hadn’t had it in so long.
You can prepare this on the grill also. Just cook the fish plain on the grill, and heat up a saute pan either on the side burner or the other side of the grill. When the fish is just about done transfer it to the pan, pour over the marinade, and cook for a few minutes until the sauce is reduced down.
Swordfish Sicilian Style
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
4 Swordfish steaks
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
juice of 3 lemons
1/4 cup white wine
salt & pepper to taste
- Combine oil, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, lemon juice and white wine in a small bowl.
- Place swordfish in a lightly oiled baking dish and cook under broiler for around 5 minutes.
- Flip swordfish and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour marinade over fish and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer swordfish steaks to serving plates, spoon marinade on top and serve.
Recommended for This Recipe:
Note: This post contains affiliate links.