- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 4 lemons, should come out to about 1/3 cup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 whole chicken, 3 1/2 to 4 pounds, cut up or chicken parts of your choosing; thighs, legs, etc.
- Start a fire in a charcoal grill, or pre-heat a gas grill.
- Combine garlic, oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and wisk together well to make Salmoriglio mixture.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper and cook on a medium-hot grill turning occasionally until done, about 25 minutes.
- When chicken is close to being done, heat up a large sauté pan, either on the other side of the grill, the side burner of the grill, or on the stove.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the salmoriglio.
- When chicken is cooked transfer to hot sauté pan. Stir the remaining salmoriglio up well and pour over the chicken and cook on top of hot grill (or side burner), turning the chicken in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving bowl, pour sauce from pan on top and serve with reserved salmoriglio on the side for drizzling.