- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced thin
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 pound spaghettini pasta
- 2 large basil leaves, torn into pieces by hand
- Add olive oil and garlic to a large sautè pan over medium heat. Cook until garlic is lightly browned, then add the sliced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Saute the tomatoes until they are softened and have started to release their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of liberally salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Strain pasta and transfer to the sautè pan with the sauce. Add the basil, and toss until completely coated.
- Dish out into individual serving bowls and serve with grated Parmagiano-Reggiano.