- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon for cooking the tuna
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary plus 1 or two sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons crushed hot red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1–1/2 pounds tuna loin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- At least one day in advance, prepare the rosemary oil by combining 1 cup olive oil, rosemary, crushed red pepper, garlic and salt to taste. Cover tightly and let stand overnight. Strain the oil through a fine mesh sieve into a clean jar, and seal until ready to use.
- Cut the tuna loin into four even pieces, and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pieces of tuna to the pan and sear on all sides, about 1 minute per side, for medium-rare.
- Using a sharp knife cut the tuna into 1/4 slices. Arrange on serving plates and drizzle with the rosemary oil. Chop up the remaining sprigs of rosemary, sprinkle on top for garnish, and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins