- 2 tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 35 oz can imported italian plum tomatoes, crushed with their juices
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 12 gaetta olives, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add garlic, anchovy, and red pepper cook until garlic is lightly browned.
- Crush tomatoes and add with juices. Fill the empty tomato can 1/4 of the way with water and pour into the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add capers, olives, and oregano. Cook at a simmer for 20 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is cooking bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook uncovered over high heat until al dente.
- Drain pasta, toss with sauce and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins