- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 12 gaetta olives or oil cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 Red Snapper fillets
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan large enough to hold the snapper fillets, over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the olives and capers and continue cooking until onion is translucent 3-5 minutes.
- Lay the red snapper fillets skin side down in the pan, and add the marinara sauce and white wine. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake in the oven until fish is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully transfer fish to serving plates, spoon sauce over fish and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins