- 4–6 bell peppers, washed and patted dry
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Wash and dry peppers.
- Place on a baking sheet or rack about 4-5 inches from broiler or directly on a grill or gas burner.
- When the skin of the pepper is black and looks burnt, it is ready to be turned. Continue turning each pepper until each side is blackened.
- Place peppers inside a brown paper bag or in a covered bowl. The steam from this will loosen the skin from the pepper, making it easy to remove. Set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, peel off the charred skin, remove the core and all seeds. Do not rinse them under water. This will rinse away the flavor.
- Tear into filets. Add the oil, and garlic. Toss, and store, refrigerated in an airtight container.