- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 8 ounces pancetta, diced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 3-4 pound rabbit cut into serving pieces
- 1 pound italian sausage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° F. In large bowl, toss together the potatoes, rosemary, thyme, garlic, pancetta and two tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt & pepper. Transfer into a roasting pan, pour in the white wine and place in the oven. Cook the potatoes by themselves for 40 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, season the rabbit with salt & pepper, and heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the rabbit, brown on all sides and transfer to a plate. When done browning the rabbit, do the same with the sausage, then cut the sausage into one inch pieces.
- After the potatoes have been cooking for 40 minutes, add the browned rabbit and sausage to the pan and cook for 20 more minutes, until potatoes are tender. Transfer to warm serving plates and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour