- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces guanciale, cut into1/4 inch slices, then chopped coarsely
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large sautè pan over medium heat. Add the guanciale and the hot pepper and sautè until guanciale is crisp. Remove from the heat.
- Bring a large pot of liberally salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook uncovered over high heat until al dente.
- Place the pan with the guanciale back over medium heat. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the Pecorino Romano. Stir the pasta vigorously until guanciale and cheese are well distributed.
- Serve immediately with extra Pecorino Romano on the side.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins