- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound tortellini
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese, plus extra for the table
- Add the butter and cream to a large sauté pan, and season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat on to medium and melt the butter into the cream. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Take off the heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the tortellini. Cook until the tortellini are slightly underdone, 8-10 minutes. Drain well.
- Place pan with butter and cream back over medium heat. Add the tortellini and stir, mixing the tortellini in with the cream sauce.
- Add the Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese and stir gently until cheese is melted and tortellini are well coated with the sauce. Transfer to warm pasta bowls and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins