- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 large egg beaten in a bowl
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Whisk in butter and almond extract until combined.
- In a small bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, then stir it into the egg mixture in the large bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a log and transfer two logs to each baking sheet, evenly spaced apart.
- Stretch and flatten out the logs until they are the length of the baking sheet and 2 inches wide.
- Brush the tops of the dough with the beaten egg, then place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Using a serrated bread knife, cut each log diagonally in to 1 inch thick slices. Place biscotti back on baking sheet, return to oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how hard you like your biscotti.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins