- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh green and white fettuccine or tagliatelle
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmagianno-Reggiano cheeseplus additional for serving
- Slice the prosciutto into thin strips. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the prosciutto and cook, stirring until it starts to crisp up, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper, and cook until the sauce has thickened, 2-3 minutes. Take the sauce off the heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook uncovered over high heat until al dente and drain.
- Place the pan with the sauce back over medium heat, add the pasta, and grated Parmagianno-Reggiano cheese to the pan and toss until well coated.
- Serve with additional grated cheese on the side.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins