- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound green beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of penne pasta
- Clean the green beans by rinsing them with cold water and breaking off the ends.
- Bring one pot of water to a boil and place string beans and 1 tablespoon of salt in water and cook until tender. Bring a second pot of water to a boil add 2 tablespoons of salt and the penne, cook until just al dente.
- While string beans and pasta are cooking, peal garlic cloves and crack them by pressing down on them with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Strain the string beans, reserving 1/4 cup of the water they were blanched in. Add the beans to the oil and garlic and cook stirring until beans are well coated, abut a minute.
- Strain the pasta then add the pasta, salt & pepper and the reserved blanching water to the pan. Toss it all together for about 2 minutes until pasta is well coated and serve.