Penne con Fagiolini
Fagiolini are green beens, also known as string beans. Green beans sautéed in olive oil with garlic are delicious on their own. Toss it with pasta to make Penne con Fagiolini and you have a quick, easy and delicious pasta dish that’s perfect for those days when you don’t have a lot of time to prepare dinner. Make sure to reserve some of the water from blanching the beans to add to the pasta. Adds a little extra flavor to coat the pasta with.
Another great thing about this dish is that my kids, who are are notoriously picky eaters (especially when it comes to vegetables), devoured this the last time I made it. I am definitely going to make it more often to help get a little more greens in their diet.
Penne con Fagiolini
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound green beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of penne pasta
- Clean the green beans by rinsing them with cold water and breaking off the ends.
- Bring one pot of water to a boil and place string beans and 1 tablespoon of salt in water and cook until tender. Bring a second pot of water to a boil add 2 tablespoons of salt and the penne, cook until just al dente.
- While string beans and pasta are cooking, peal garlic cloves and crack them by pressing down on them with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Strain the string beans, reserving 1/4 cup of the water they were blanched in. Add the beans to the oil and garlic and cook stirring until beans are well coated, abut a minute.
- Strain the pasta then add the pasta, salt & pepper and the reserved blanching water to the pan. Toss it all together for about 2 minutes until pasta is well coated and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes and updates