- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsely, chopped
- 8 anchovies, chopped
- 10 oil-cured black olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (pignoli)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmagianno-Reggiano Cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12–15 jarred sweet cherry peppers
- vegetable oil for frying
- Take the white from the Italian bread and place it in a food processor, and pulse until ground coarse. Should make about 1 cup, you, may not need to use whole loaf. Add the garlic and parsley and pulse until well combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the anchovies, olives, capers, pine nuts, cheese and olive oil. Mix well, adding a tablespoon or two of cold water, to make it easy to handle.
- Using a small paring knife, cut each pepper around the stem, removing the stem, then with either the paring knife or your hands clean out the seeds, from inside the pepper. Stuff the peppers with the stuffing
- Fill a medium sautè pan about a quarter of the way up with vegetable oil, and heat over medium heat. When oil is hot, add peppers, top down and cook until top is browned, flip and cook a few minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate and let cool to room temperature before serving, or refrigerating for later.