Pasta with Peas, very basic, very quick to prepare and very good. I do not know of an Italian that does not enjoy this dish.
1 package of frozen fresh peas
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 large onion chopped.
1/4 cup of marinara sauce
1 pound of datali pasta or small shells
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, drop frozen peas in water and cook until just under done.
- At the same time, heat olive oil in Large Saute Pan over Medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the marinara sauce and the peas with 1/4 cup of the water that you cooked the peas in. Season with salt & pepper to taste and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta.
- Cook uncovered over high heat until al dente.
- Drain pasta, put back in pot add some of the sauce to the pot and mix it up. Dish out pasta spooning remaining sauce over top.