This lemony chicken dish is a quick and easy way to give your family a nice treat on a weeknight. Team it up with some broccoli sautéed in oil and garlic as a side dish.
4 chicken breasts pounded thin
flour spread on a plate for dredging
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of white wine
juice of 2 lemons
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chicken broth
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour to coat and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan set on medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts in pan and cook until lightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes for each side.
- Drain the oil and add butter, wine, lemon, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 5 to 6 minutes(sprinkle a little flour in when it starts boiling to thicken.)
- Transfer Chicken to serving dishes, top with sauce and a slice of lemon for garnish.