If the idea of shelling more than a dozen clams doesn’t appeal to you, ask them to shell them for you at your favorite fish market. Just make sure they pack them with their juices when they give them to you.
3/4 cup of olive oil
4 cloves of Garlic chopped
1 and 1/2 Dozen Cherrystone Clams shelled and chopped with juices reserved
1 pound of linguini
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cook until lightly browned.
- Add Clams with their juices, bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer and cook for 5 more minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguini.
- Cook uncovered over high heat until Al dente.
- Drain pasta, put back in pot add some of the sauce to the pot and mix it up.
- Dish out pasta spooning remaining sauce over top. Garnish with chopped parsley.