- 4 lb boneless pork belly, with the skin on
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay the pork skin side down on a work surface, and with a sharp knife, make a few slits in the flesh.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sage, rosemary, garlic, 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread the mixture all over the exposed surface of the belly, working it into the cuts in the flesh. Roll up the pork belly and tie tightly with butcher’s twine.
- Place rolled and tied belly in a roasting pan. Make some cuts in the skin with a sharp knife, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 2 1/2 hours. The juices should run clear when pierced with a knife. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes, loosely tented with foil. Slice and serve.
Recommended for This Recipe:
Note: This post contains affiliate links.