Prosciutto and Melon is another simple and classic Italian combination in the same vein as last week’s Caprese Salad. Once again, quality ingredients are key here, use good imported Prosciutto di Parma or if you want to try something different, Prosciutto di San Daniele from the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region of Italy. The balsamic vinegar is optional, but does add a nice touch. Please only use it if you have a really good aged balsamic vinegar, not that phony supermarket balsamic. And remember a little goes a long way.
At first glance, this doesn’t seem like much of a recipe, but it really is an awesome combination, and is worth posting here if only to remind you of something you may not have had in a while. The saltiness of the prosciutto and the sweetness of the cantelope really play off of each other. Nothing beats being able to throw something so delicious and satisfying together so quickly.Print
- 1 cantelope or honeydew melon
- 1/2 pound Prosciutto di Parma, sliced paper thin
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling (optional)
- Cut the melon in half, remove the seeds and slice into 1-inch slices, removing the rind.
- Wrap each slice of melon in a slice of prosciutto, leaving a little melon showing at the ends.
- Arrange in serving plates, and drizzle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar, if using, and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
Recommended for This Recipe:
Note: This post contains affiliate links.