Sole Piccata is a good example of a light and tasty seafood dish that is easy to prepare. When my father made sole (or chicken) piccata at his restaurant he didn’t typically put capers in it, but many chefs do. I am a big caper fan, especially with fish, so I like to include them here. For me the key to this is sautéing the sole until it is nice and golden brown before letting it cook in the lemony sauce for a few minutes.Print
Sole Piccata Recipe
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 sole filets
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- juice of 2 lemons
- Combine the flour with the salt & pepper and spread out on a plate for dredging the sole.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the sole in the flour coating both sides and shaking off excess and add the sole to the hot skillet.
- Cook turning once until golden brown on both sides.
- Add the butter and, once melted, add the capers, followed by the white wine and lemon juice.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sole to serving plates, using a spatula.
- Cook the sauce until reduced a bit more and thickened, then spoon sauce over the fish and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
what is wrong with you website. I want a recipe and all the site will do is tell me to suscribe to your site. I have 5 times enough do you want me to use the site or not!
Ron, I assume you are talking about the newsletter signup popup. Should only show once. I will look into it. Thanks for pointing it out.
i’m not having any issues with popups. keep up the great recipes!
No issues with pop ups and thanks for the great recipes!
It was the best I have ever made or ate. Very easy and quick.
I love your recipes! Uncomplicated and not a giant laundry list of ingredients. Pure and simple is the best way to cook and you have captured that for sure!
Can you list the lemon quantity in tablespoons or as a proportion of the butter and wine instead? I used two lemons which unfortunately yielded enough juice to completely ruin what was shaping up to be an amazing dish!