This recipe comes from my Cousin Sal and the dish is the centerpiece of his traditional Christmas Eve meal with his family. Chopping up the meat from the claws and including it in the stuffing is a really nice touch.
2 lobsters, 1 1/2 – 2 pounds each
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup fish or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fill a pot with water place over high heat, bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Cut each lobster straight down the center from head to tail, and remove guts.
- Remove the claws, and add to the simmering water, cook for 8 minutes. Remove meat from the claws, and chop coarsely.
- Toss the claw meat together with the bread crumbs, parsley, 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place lobsters in a baking pan and stuff the cavities with the bread crumb mixture. Put 1 tablespoon butter on each lobster tail.
- Add broth and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pan and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the stuffing browns and tail meat becomes opaque. Serve with lemon wedges.