Here goes another great and easy Holiday appetizer recipe. The stuffing is pretty much the same as for the Stuffed Artichokes recipe I posted last week, except the stems of the mushrooms are chopped up, sautéed with onion, and added to the stuffing.
- 24 (two 8 ounce packages) largewhite stuffing mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Clean the mushrooms, then remove and finely chop the stems. Place 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until onion is soft and translucent. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook until tender, another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese, parsley, minced garic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium bowl. Add the cooked mushroom stems and onion and mix together well.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the filling and place in an oiled baking pan. Drizzle the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil.
- Place pan in oven and bake until the mushrooms are tender about 25-30 minutes and serve.
Recommended for This Recipe:
Note: This post contains affiliate links.